91% of the most successful businesses are committed to content marketing according to the Content Marketing Institute’s survey, and your blockchain company should be too.
Blockchain Content Marketing – a Vital Tool in Public Relations
Content marketing is an umbrella term used to describe a marketing strategy that includes the creation, publication, and distribution of content to a target audience in order to spread information, increase lead conversion and improve SEO. Relevant and consistent content delivered to a clearly defined audience helps with brand building and establishing trust.
Content is also a crucial part of the ‘awareness stage’ in the buyer’s journey. Content marketing includes articles, press releases, blog posts, social media content, case studies, newsletters, videos, infographics, white papers, and video content.
An In-depth Look into the Benefits of Blockchain Content Marketing
1.Maintaining audience retention: High-value content is a vital asset for your blockchain company and helps to create a positive experience for future clients or backers that will compel them to revisit a website over and over again. Content, especially when paired with great aesthetic elements, will capture the audience’s attention and repeatedly reinforce a positive brand impression. In short, a focused PR campaign may be what brings visitors but value-driven content is what makes them stay.
2. Increasing social media traction: Crypto companies have a history of strong community backing and it’s possible for you to emulate them in this regard. A big social media following is only as valuable as the traction that it generates. It can be a challenge to create content that trends on social media. Well-crafted content can help a brand to gain that traction and convert leads into actual sales. Consistently trending posts will also help to generate a follower base that has a genuine interest in your product.
3. Establishing trust: Trust can be hard to come by in a decentralized and sometimes unregulated space. Here are several ways to use content to establish trust with an audience.
- Consistent quality content is a vital part of creating and maintaining a relationship with potential clients and, most importantly, helps you remain relevant.
- Articles and mentions on trusted crypto news sites can be showcased on your homepage.
- Free informational content with no hidden agenda will establish thought leadership. This means that the audience will be more likely to trust your advice and recommendations.
- Content that is displayed at the right place with the right audience will improve the brand’s reputation and create positive associations.
4. Brand awareness and amplifying your brand’s voice: More informational content means more awareness. It allows you to handle potential objections and generate leads for the business, demonstrating skill and expertise again and again. Clients and backers alike are also more likely to invest if the company’s message resonates with their own beliefs and interests.
5. Generate leads and convert leads: Blockchain-oriented content marketing is an effective way to generate warmer leads by providing information about your product, handling objections and increasing visibility to a large audience.
6. Accelerating the buyer’s journey: The buyer’s journey involves 3 main stages: awareness, consideration, and decision. Well-crafted content and a fitting blockchain content marketing campaign can hasten the buyer’s journey considerably. The PR campaign will make the content accessible to the target audience during the awareness stage. High-quality information will guide the lead during the consideration stage and finally, funnel them where you need them to be to finalize the buyer’s journey with a strategically placed action (CTA) in the decision stage.
7. ‘The Rule of Seven’: Posting content consistently and spreading that content across platforms wisely plays into the marketing adage called ‘The Rule of Seven’ founded by marketing expert Dr. Jeffrey Lant. The Rule of Seven model dictates that a potential customer needs to see the product or brand seven times before converting them into a sale. These seven impressions may come from social media posts, articles, press releases, videos, or advertisements.
8. SEO (Search Engine Optimization): Google and other search engines’ main job is to show their users content that benefits them. They do this by matching the search phrase with verified web content. Search engines have three main objectives:
- Crawling: Sourcing the Internet for content, e.g. observing the code and content for each URL the algorithm finds.
- Indexing: Stockpiling and organizing the content found during the crawling process. Once a page is in the index, the search engine can then display it as a result of relevant searches.
- Ranking: Providing the content that will best answer a searcher’s query by ranking content from most relevant to least relevant. Content increases the possibility to rank for market-related keywords, especially if this content is SEO-optimized. The more keywords a website ranks for, the more traffic it will generate through organic search results. This works hand-in-hand with brand awareness and the possibility to reach new leads.
9. Backlinks: Having reputable high-ranking sites link back to an original source such as a website page helps the search engine algorithms to verify the quality of that page and establish its value. When readers of those authority sites visit the page that has a backlink, that page authority increases as well. If a business is established as a credible place to get information, it is also more likely to rank higher in search engines. Furthermore, high-quality content has a higher re-posting rate, multiplying those backlinks over time.