BLOCKCHAIN COMPANY OF THE YEAR - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ THESE RULES CAREFULLY PRIOR TO PARTICIPATION OR ENTRY. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO REGISTER, ENTER, OR WIN. APPLICABLE PROVISIONS IN THE COMPETITION RULES SHALL APPLY HEREIN.
The Community Voting Contest “Blockchain Company of the Year 2016” is created by Bitcoin PR Buzz. Control judge for Blockchain Company of the Year 2016 is Cointelegraph (cointelegraph.com). By participating in Blockchain Company of the Year 2016, you agree to the terms stated below. Your participation will be governed by, and you shall abide by all the following rules (the “Contest Rules”) outlined herein.
Blockchain Company of the Year 2016 is from here on referred to as “contest”, “competition” or “Community Voting Contest”. Bitcoin PR Buzz is from here on referred to as “BPRB” and bitcoinprbuzz.com as “Site” or “Website”. Cointelegraph is from here on referred to as Cointelegraph or as “Control Judge”.
Bitcoin PR Buzz’ Community Voting Contest is open to all individuals regardless of residency and age. The participating company, NGO or NPO must be registered either as a company or an organisation. The winner will be asked to provide organisation number and address.
The voting and entry period of Blockchain Company of the Year starts at 12 am ET on December 20, 2016 and ends at 12 am ET on January 20, 2017. The award winner will be announced on January 27, 2017 if not otherwise stated on the contest page.
- Multiple Entries: Participants are permitted to submit multiple entries if the entries are on behalf of different companies.
- Voting: Voters may only vote once.
- How to Enter and Vote: To enter or vote, please visit http://bitcoinprbuzz.com/blockchain-company-of-the-year-2016/ and follow the instructions, which are available on the website. All Entries (as defined below) must be in the English language and must be completed and received in their entireties via the website before the end of the Contest Period. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt. BPRB’s computer will be the official clock for the Community Voting Contest. BPRB reserves the right not to acknowledge or return any Entry.
Each Participant must comply with all the following content restrictions:
- The Entry MUST NOT contain the Participant’s personal address, social security number, or other federal or state identification number.
- The Entry must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity, copyright, trademark, patent, intellectual property-related rights, or property-related rights;
- The Entry must not contain footage, images, or artwork not created by the Participant unless the entrant has obtained all rights necessary to include such footage, images, or artwork.
- Companies that supports criminal activity is not allowed to enter and may be deleted at any given time without notice.
- The Entry must not contain material that is in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the Entry is created.
The award winner will receive the following prize:
- 1 BTC
- 1 Premium PR Package - http://bitcoinprbuzz.com/services/
- 1 article published on the Cointelegraph
- A certificate from Bitcoin PR Buzz
A “qualifying Entry” is an Entry that receives a final determination of eligibility under the Contest Rules and a “qualifying vote” is a vote that is submitted online and complies with the Contest Rules.
Any attempt to use multiple or different e-mail addresses, identities, IP addresses, or any other methods to vote more than the stated limit, or in other violation of these Contest Rules, will void that voter’s votes and that Entry may be disqualified.
A Participant may encourage other persons to vote for his or her Entry, but Participants (and other persons) are expressly prohibited from soliciting or obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, which include, without limitation, offering prizes, payments or other inducements of any kind, or participating in voting boards, voting exchanges, voting swaps, or similar sites or methods. The use of any device to automate a vote also is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, the use of software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro, or other automated votes, and Bitcoin PR Buzz reserves the right to nullify any and all such votes made by such means and to disqualify the responsible individual(s) from voting. All voting must be done by the actual person casting the vote. A person may not vote on behalf of another person. Votes intended to impact the integrity of the voting process as determined by BPRB in BPRB’s sole discretion are void.
In the event of ties, the contest will be extended and the community will vote on the entries that obtained the same number of votes in the first round.
IDENTICAL OR SIMILAR ENTRIES
Depending on the number and nature of Entries received, BPRB may or may not recognize the existence of any Entries that are identical or similar to Entries from the same or other Participants. If BPRB becomes aware that a Participant submitted two or more identical or similar Entries, BPRB may in its sole and absolute discretion disqualify one of the Entries. To enter the same company twice is prohibited, the title will be revoked if the winning company submitted multiple entries.
The Cointelegraph will act as control judge for the contest and will receive screenshots of the IP addresses and email addresses entered in the competition to make sure that the competition was executed fairly and accurately. All decisions of BPRB and the Cointelegraph are final and binding in all respects.
WINNER NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION
Within 30 days following the end of a contest, BPRB will notify the potential winners by using the email address provided on the Entry Form. BPRB may in its discretion announce the name(s) of one or more potential winners on the Site or in other forms of communication, provided that no potential winner shall be certified as a winner until the official end-date. BPRB reserves the right to conduct a background check of the winner. Each Participant consents to the same and shall provide whatever additional information, permission, and/or documentation that is required.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY, IN NO EVENT WILL BITCOIN PR BUZZ, THE BPRB PARTIES, CONTEST JUDGES, OR ANY MEMBER OF THE COALITION FOR THE BLOCKCHAIN COMPANY OF THE YEAR AWARD BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTICIPANT OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF REVENUES, LOST PROFITS, LOST CAPITAL OR OVERHEAD, WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER OR NOT BPRB HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.